Ok, so I had a problem today that I couldn’t find any documentation on. I needed to remove a single quote from a variable in a string during a load script but it took some time.
I tried this but it didn’t work:
purgechar(‘It’s got a quote’, ‘\”)
It turns out that QlikView doesn’t seem to have an escape character, so I had to figure out another method. Google searching for this string didn’t help: single quote Qlikview escape character
So I figured it out. You have to use the chr() function.
purgechar(‘It’s got a quote’, char(39))
You can get the correct ascii number to pass to the char() function from here:
So hopefully if you do the same google search you will find my post and not have to spend as much time as I did trying to figure this out.