Jared Abram Barneck (Rhyous)
Hello. If you are looking at my resume and are interested in contacting me, you can email using my contact page.
- XML Serialization
- Visual Studio 2008/2010
- WPF and Databinding and Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM)
- Mono and MonoDevelop
- MySQL and MySQLi
- Session handling
- C++, STL, wxWidgets
- Java (Eclipse/Netbeans)
- HTML, CSS
- 2 Years – C#/WPF Developer at LANDesk
- 2 Years – C#, C++ and wxWidgets – LANDesk Support Tools and other odd development jobs on the side
- 3 Years – PHP, MySQL, HTML – Writing a web page with a secure login as well as an online exam software
- 1 or 2 Years – CSS, HTML, PHP – Maintaining WordPress Themes for Rhyous.com and WPFSharp.com
- 2 or 3 Years – Windows Batch File scripting – I used labels, call and goto to turn batch files into a functional development language
Total Development Experience in Years
- C# experience: 4 -1/2 years
- PHP experience: 3 or 4 years
- HTML and CSS experience: 4-5 years
- C++ and wxWidgets: 1 year
- SQL experience: 3-1/2 years development
Other Development Notes
- All my programming classes in school were in Java
LANDesk Software Inc.
9/2004 – Present
- C#, .NET 4, WPF, Mode-View-ViewModel (MVVM)
- Assist others in team in increase C# skills
- Diagram and document architecture
Systems Analyst / Developer
- Development Projects
- Develop a data miner in C# using ADO.Net to create a data store, interfacing with Salesforce.com’s API.
- Design and configure in QlikView a Business Intelligence Reporting solution for Management reporting needs, interfacing with Salesforce.com’s API.
- Develop a Health Check tool in C#/WPF/Xml for verifying the proper configuration and status of a LANDesk Management Suite or Service Desk server.
Channel Support Manager
- Manage Worldwide Channel Support for Platinum, Gold, Silver partners
- Interface with Partners and provide consulting to architects and onsite engineers
- Technical Documentation
Software Support Engineer
- Support and troubleshoot LANDesk Software.
- Submit and track bugs
- Technical Documentation
- Development projects on the side.
1/2000 – 9/2004
Advanced Technical Trainer
- Switch Training
- Layer 3 switch training
- Load Balancer Training
- Wireless Security Training
- Unix/Linux Training
- Soft Skills Training
Technial Lead – Layer 3 Switch Team
- Load balancers (Layers 2-7)
- Installed and maintained Unix servers
- Lead team of as many as 20 people
- Switch Engineer 8/2001 – 1/2002
- Layer 3 switch advanced configuration and support
- Load balancer advanced configuration and support
- Router advanced configuration and support
- T1/T3 DS1/DS3
- Frame Relay, PPP
Technical Team Lead – Microsoft Account
- Led team of as many as 28 technicians
- Windows 2000 setup and support
- Peripherals and performance support
- Hardware and software support
System Administration and Networking Skills
- Desktop Management
- Process Management
- Security Compliance
- Software and OS deployment
- Unix/Linux/BSD setup and support
- Apache Configuration and PHP and MySQL
- Microsoft Server 2000/2003 and XP/2000 Pro
- Basic Scripting in Shell and Batch
- Wireless Security
- LAN and WAN (Switch and Router) Administration
- Cisco and Nortel
Brigham Young University
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Double Emphasis: Technical Writing and Creative Writing specifically in Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Minor in Spanish
Salt Lake Community College
- Various Computer Science and Java and C++ development courses
- CLE – Certified LANDesk Engineer
- NNCSS – Alteon Load balancer
- NNCSS – Passport 8600
- NNCDS – Passport 8600
- NNCSS – Advanced IP & WAN
- NNCSS – Routers
- MCSE (Expired)
- CompTIA A+
Open Source Projects
Rhyous.com (My Blogs)
9/2009 – Present
- This is my personal knowledge base for all things open source and development
- Modified an existing a WordPress theme in PHP and I have no qualms diving into the PHP code
- FreeBSD Friday – A bunch of documentation about FreeBSD
- WPF and Binding Tutorial – A bunch of documentation about C# and WPF
- I document my knowledge to become an expert and maintain my expertise.
- If you learn it once, you forget it. If you learn, then write about it, you become
sure of what you learned, and you’ll remember it, or have an easy reminder.
Greater Utah FreeBSD Users Group
9/2010 – Present
- Managed the Greater Utah FreeBSD Users Group table at the Utah Open Source Conference
- Provided instruction on FreeBSD and PC-BSD
- Started a replacement website using SilverStripe CMS
- Designed main website in PHP that is database driven.
- Wrote a PHP login process and session management system from scratch.
- Designed an timed exam website that maintained session, score, etc…
- Turned project over to www.bsdcertification.org in 2006
- Assistant Fiction Director for Leading EdgeMagazine.
- Published “Sentinel”, with Leading EdgeMagazine. My team didn’t even know it was me as I used a pseudonym.
- See more of my writing at my writing web site, http://jabrambarneck.wordpress.com
- I have written many technical documents for LANDesk Software, and before that some for Nortel Networks. There are too many documents to list.
- Also, this blog is a form of technical writing.