Too many people are paying for software to provide a complete return the windows Start pop-up menu. Well, Start is still there in Windows 8, it is just a little different. It is not a pop-up menu. It is hidden by default and only shows when you move your cursor to the bottom left corner.
I think many people would be happy if they simply had a shortcut to the Apps screen, which is equivalent to All Programs.
Well, lets create a shortcut and put in on the task bar. Follow these steps.
Note: Alternately, you can download and extract the zip file from here: AllPrograms.zip
Step 1 – Create the Windows 8 Apps Shortcut
- Right-click on the Desktop and click New | Shortcut.
- Where it prompts you to “Type the location of the item” enter this:
- Click Next.
- Name the shortcut what ever you want. “Start” or “All Programs” or whatever, it really doesn’t matter.
- Click Finish.
Step 2 – Change the Icon for the Windows 8 Apps Shortcut
You may want to change the icon too.
- Right-click on your newly created shortcut and choose Properties.
- Click Change Icon…
- Select a different icon from the list or download your own .ico file and use it.
Step 3 – Drag the Windows 8 Apps Shortcut to the task bar
- Right-click on your newly created shortcut and choose Pin to taskbar.
- Now if you want this icon all the way on the left, click and drag it there.