I am trying to get my Microphone to work on my Lenovo T61p.
If I talk into my microphone while capturing sound, when I play back, I cannot hear my voice.
Let me answer some questions for you:
Does the sound work?
Yes. The sound card works great.
Does the hardware work?
The Microphone works well if I boot to windows 7. I have a hard drive with Windows 7 that used to be in this laptop.
What tools am I using to capture sound?
Can I get any sound to record?
Yes. If I tap hard with my finger on the microphone, the taps are caught, though faint, by both audacity and xvidcap.
What have I done?
Read the Handbook.
Read the man pages for mixer and snd_hda
- Loaded and unloaded snd_hda.ko and sound.ko
- Changed every mixer setting there is.
- Tested tapping and yelling into the mic, tapping barely registers.
- Test hardware on Windows 7, works.
- Checked systctl -a |grep snd and sysctl -a |grep hda
- Changed the mixer to use monitor instead of mic.
Well, it was the last step. Once I changed the mixer to use monitor instead of mic, it worked like a charm.
mixer -rec monitor
mixer monitor 35:35