It has been a while and there are good reasons for this.
First, I have been working too hard both at work and at home. I stripped, sanded, and stained my deck with a lot of help from my brother in law. Never-the-less I have continued this project.
A lot of the DLL file I was using was coded a long time ago by someone else and it was mostly procedural code (even though it was C#), and I rewrote it with a bit more oject oriented-ness. Hopefully, this will make it easy to maintain in the future, not to mention the fact that I am now no longer using functions that I don’t know what they do, cause now I wrote them.
Anyway, here are some of the new enhancements. They aren’t amazing, because it is the same thing rewritten. If you find something not working, please let me know.
1. Mostly rewrote the SupportTools.dll
a. Now the SupportTools.xml can be updated and the changes are seen in the console immediately without restarting.
b. It is now using OS Type instead of OS Name for a filter.
c. Filtered OS Types no longer show the option disabled, the option is now removed and I didn’t leave in the grayed out option.
d. Only remote executes check for Remote Control rights, instead of everything checking for those rights.
e. I slightly altered the XML format.
f. Moved the SupportTools.xml file to the SupportTools directory.
g. The Support Tools now are listed in the order placed in the XML, and not automatically sorted, so if you want to change the order you can.
2. Slightly enhanced who.vbs to not crash, but instead give a friendly error for disconnected devices.
3. Added a few options that weren’t there before.
4. Fixed typos in the XML.
5. Added RemoteRegistry.exe (an autoit script recommended to me by user Rich Sterling from community.landesk.com. Thanks Rich.)
I know most won’t see much difference because they are already using most of the tools in this build. But there were great strides made that will allow me to now start developing more tools that talk to the agents using LANDesk not RPC, so yeah!
As always you can get the latest link here:
I will keep both versions available for download for now.
I expect my new DLL to be more stable, more rebust, and overwall better. However, being newly rewritten there is always the chance of an unforseen bug on someone elses system so I am leaving beta 5 downloadable as well.